An ‘Onboarding Engineer’ is the technical lead for transitioning client-based services across to a managed services platform. It suits an organised and thorough IT professional with service delivery experience who wants to prove and grow skills while enjoying interaction with multiple and changing clients.
You’ll join a well-established IT services provider based in Melbourne’s Eastern Suburbs. They provide contemporary Managed and Professional Services to an extensive and growing customer base.
You will be the key engineer responsible for transitioning new IT managed services clients into ongoing engagements.
You will need:
- A technical background that involved work within IT services delivery operations.
- Experience in contemporary commercial IT technologies including cloud-based services, networking and mainstream business applications.
- An understanding of service support and ticketing systems.
- Industry based certifications and training.
You will manage the technical onboarding process for new clients
Specific duties will include:
- Plan and schedule, execute tasks lists.
- Interact with customers to get processes documented. EG Core documents, customer specific devices/processes.
- Perform technical changes where required. Minimising business downtime.
- Ensure current configurations of Switches, Routers, Firewalls, etc are uploaded to documentation system.
- Documentation of entire site(s) with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail (Core documents, configurations, site photos, etc).
- Site walkarounds to identify relevant devices/systems to ensure nothing is missed.
- Conduct Walk Arounds with Client. Discuss & document client pain points.
- Summarise critical items (including any checklist items that can’t be performed).
- Perform Handover meetings to inhouse staff.
- Follow minimum go live checklists (when full onboarding cannot be completed).
- Attending the client sites to complete onboarding.
- The opportunity to work with a well-managed and growing company.
- Room to grow within an established team.
- Eastern suburb’s location with parking.
- A competitive salary package maintained through a well-designed and managed HR framework.