MODERN SLAVERY & HUMAN TRAFFICKING POLICY
We take the worldwide fight against Modern Slavery seriously.Government agencies, regulatory authorities and charities worldwide constantly highlight the fight against Modern Slavery. At TEAM EMPLOYMENT we understand and have joined the cause. No one needs to be subjagated or trafficked and the fight against these inhuman activities must be constant and deliberate.
We publicy share our company policy here. Version 1.02, 6th September 2022
1. Employee expectations and commitment
Team Employment will work as a team with our employees towards identifying and preventing slavery and human trafficking in all our operations:
- We encourage all employees, customers, and suppliers to report any suspicion of slavery or human trafficking without fear of retaliation.
- We fully support and encourage our employees to communicate this policy when representing the business. We strive to maintain the highest standards of employee conduct and ethical behaviour when operating abroad and managing our supply chain.
- We will ensure that our supplier contracts make explicit reference to this policy.
2. Supplier expectation and commitment
Team Employment conducts due diligence on all new suppliers during onboarding and on existing suppliers at regular intervals. We ensure that all our suppliers have a Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking policy that aligns with our policy and attests that:
- They don’t use any form of forced, compulsory or slave labor
- Their employees work voluntarily and are entitled to leave work
- They provide each employee with an employment contract that contains a reasonable notice period for terminating their employment
- They don’t require employees to post a deposit/bond and don’t withhold their salaries for any reasons
- They don’t require employees to surrender their passports or work permits as a condition of employment
This policy has been shared with our employees and is a key part of our Employee Handbook, a ‘living’ set of documents that is accessible to all employees and actively promoted both to new employees and continuously as part of our communal ‘intranet’ presence.
Team Employment operates a healthy and active companywide ‘all staff’ electronic conversation. This policy is one of our key policies that is periodically distributed via this conversation and all staff are notified proactively whenever any of our key policies is updated.
Team Employment carries out a fixed periodic review to ensure that all staff are aware of and committed to our key policies. This policy is one of our key policies.